Parent Organization: University of Kansas
Statement of Purpose:
1. To create a safe, inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds, by prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, class, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, citizen status, socioeconomic status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information through the publication of the paper.
2. To educate society on current social and economic inequalities.
3. To foster alliances with KU, Haskell, and community groups in order to gain perspectives from various backgrounds both on and off campus.
4. To invite authenticity and promote everyone to channel their experiences into something positive, and proactive.
6. To take action to change the current social climate in order to make a safer environment for all.
7. To promote awareness of local attacks/harassments on people on and off campus.
8. To promote awareness of global environmental issues.
9. To influence inequitable, or socially, culturally, or environmentally damaging policy at KU, Haskell in Kansas, and in the U.S. for the better.
10. To foster understanding among people from differing political parties, and to create forward movement and productive thought and action.