Parent Organization: Student Involvement & Leadership Center
KUFSA is a student organization and is run by students elected to be the KUFSA board officers. KUFSA was founded to promote the goals of the Fulbright program and to provide fellowship and support for all current and former KU Fulbrighters.
KUFSA goals are to assist the KU International Fulbrighters upon their arrival to Kansas in:
- answering questions regarding the program and life in Lawrence, Kansas,
- distributing things given away by previous Fulbrighters,
- buying new cell phones, or laptops, or shopping for basic necessities
- driving to the Social Security Office to get social security number (SSN),
- driving to garage sales to get cheap furniture, and
- informing about great events at the University of Kansas that promote cultural and academic exchange.
When new Fulbrighters are settled down, KUFSA goal is to organize at least one event a month to create opportunities for Fulbrighters to meet with other Fulbright scholars from all over the world; make good friends for cultural, professional, and academic exchange; and learn about local American culture.