Meetings held at 8:00 pm every other Wednesday at the OMA.
Mission: To create community connections at the University of Kansas by fostering positive and healthy relationships, encouraging growth, expanding perspectives, and becoming advocates for social change. The focus is to engage the youth within the Kansas Juvenile Correction Center (KJCC) and Lawrence public elementary schools by serving as peer mentors.
DREAM stands for Developing Relationships through Education and Mentoring.
Current Volunteer Programs:
Tutor youth at the Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex in Topeka
- Three hour weekly commitment
- Every Tuesday from 5:45-8:45 (includes travel time)
- Must attend KJCC training held October 8th 6:00 - 10:00 pm to become a tutor
- No past tutoring experience required
Lunch Buddies program with the students at Kennedy Elementary School in Lawrence
- Twenty minute weekly commitment
- You pick a lunch held between 11:30 - 12:40 any day of the week
- Partner with a student at Kennedy
- You can sign up for multiple lunches each week!
- Bring a sack lunch with you!
Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter!